Skip to main content

Re: Change for 4.0

  • From: Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Cc: John Wells <john.wells@...>
  • Subject: Re: Change for 4.0
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 21:24:05 +0530

The fix needed for this bug does not address any performance issues in the server, does it? It fixes some regression caused by fixes that were earlier made to address performance issues.

On Monday 22 April 2013 09:02 PM, John Wells wrote:
This was caused by changes needed to make the server services boot in parallel, which is a performance issue (this happens because of how the parallel RunLevelServices is implemented).

On 4/22/2013 10:59 AM, Sahoo wrote:
Can you please clarify why it is a performance type issue? I thought this fixes exception in server.

Sahoo

Sent from my Android phone, please excuse me for its brevity.