Skip to main content

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: EE7 GF4.0 open bugs

  • From: Michael Chen <michael.y.chen@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Cc: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller@...>, Anissa Lam <anissa.lam@...>, Loren Konkus <loren.konkus@...>, Shing Wai Chan <shing.wai.chan@...>, Amy Roh <amy.roh@...>
  • Subject: Re: ACTION REQUIRED: EE7 GF4.0 open bugs
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:29:21 -0700

Jason,

Thanks for the update.  The fix is more involved for this point of the release.  I have deferred the bug to 4.0.1.  Please continue to work on the bug.

thanks,
Michael

On Apr 29, 2013, at 1:41 PM, Jason Lee wrote:

Today's the freeze date, if I recall correctly, so we may have to defer this.  Here is my understanding of how the process works, at a very high level:
  1. The initial request for the console is made
  2. GlassFish determines that the mapping for "" (which seems to be the default mapping for all requests not matching other registered adapters) goes to AdminConsoleAdapter
  3. ACA.service() is called, which ultimately starts an instance of InstallerThread
  4. IT handles configuring the DAS to server the Admin Console application.
  5. At some point in the process, the mapping for "" is change to point to an instance of CoyoteAdapter.
  6. Subsequent requests are now sent to the CoyoteAdapter, bypassing AdminConsoleAdapter altogether

With the changes in the diff I've sent previously, this remapping is not happening. I've been stepping through the installation code, but I have not been able to determine where this happens. If I can find (or be pointed to) that code, I might be able to get a fix in place to complete the change. Once that's done, it should just need extensive testing.  I'll leave it up to management to decide whether or not the change should be submitted for 4.0 or not.

Can anyone point me to the correct area in GF to see why the remapping is not working?

On 04/27/2013 12:29 PM, Michael Chen wrote:
Jason,

This is a issue since 3.1.1, so this is not a new issue.

If the fix is low risk and can be done properly, I am willing to take the fix.  Otherwise, I am OK with deferring it to 4.0.1.

thanks,
Michael

On Apr 26, 2013, at 9:59 AM, Jason Lee wrote:

https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18235 - Some progress has been made on this, but I've hit an issue I don't know how to resolve at the moment. I have contacted the web container team for guidance. I don't know, though, if this will be done and properly tested in time to make the release. It is my only priority, though.

On 04/26/2013 10:36 AM, Michael Chen wrote:
The following people have GF 4.0 bugs without 4_0-approved tag.  I need to know if you are working on your bugs or not.  If not, why not?
I need ETA on all of the GF 4.0 bugs given we only have 2 weeks before the release.

The following people have untriaged GF 4.0 bugs.  They need to be triaged today!

On Apr 23, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Michael Chen wrote:

Hi All,

Since we are in RC cycle for GF 4.0 release, we need to close down the remaining bugs ASAP.

We have 30 open bugs, but only 11 are approved (6 with 4_0-approval tag and 5 in CDI).  What's going on with the remaining 19?  I need to hear from the owners from these 19 bugs by Wed.  I will need ETA if these bugs are not fixed by end of this week.  We will start the bug SWAT meetings next week, and tight down the approval process next Monday.  Please fix your bugs this week.

We also have 10 untriaged bugs, all of them are filed during the past week.  Please triage these bugs and either target them toward for 4.0 release or defer them.

thanks,
Michael

--
Jason Lee
Principal Member of Technical Staff

Oracle Corporation
Phone +1 405-216-3193
Blog http://blogs.steeplesoft.com

--
Jason Lee
Principal Member of Technical Staff
GlassFish Team

Oracle Corporation
Phone +1 405-216-3193
Blog http://blogs.steeplesoft.com

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: EE7 GF4.0 open bugs

Jason Lee 04/29/2013

Re: ACTION REQUIRED: EE7 GF4.0 open bugs

Michael Chen 04/29/2013