Moving JMX monitoring logic to separate modules

  • From: Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: Moving JMX monitoring logic to separate modules
  • Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 17:44:02 -0700

Hi guys,

wanted to hear your feedback on the subj.
It is related to the issue [1], looks like the majority of incompatible classes come from Gmbal (+ JMX) dependency.
IMO the way we can solve this issue is separate Gmbal (JMX) logic to separate modules, so we'll create separate monitoring module for each existing module that has Gmbal dependency.

For example we'll create additional grizzly-framework-monitoring, grizzly-http-monitoring, grizzly-http-server-monitoring etcetc... modules.
This way existing grizzly-framework, grizzly-http, grizzly-http-server (etc) will not have any dependency on Gmbal (JMX) and if we need monitoring we'll have to include correspondent monitoring module.

I see following pros and cons:
Pros: decrease basic module size, remove Gmbal (JMX) dependency in order to make Grizzly compatible with compact2 java 8 profile
Cons: we create lots of extra modules (additional monitoring module per each basic module).

What do you think?

Thanks.

WBR,
Alexey.

[1]
https://java.net/jira/browse/GRIZZLY-1477
" Make Grizzly runnable on compact2 java 8 profile"

Moving JMX monitoring logic to separate modules

Oleksiy Stashok 05/08/2013

Re: Moving JMX monitoring logic to separate modules

Ryan Lubke 05/08/2013

Re: Moving JMX monitoring logic to separate modules

Bongjae Chang 05/13/2013
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2017 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)