Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

  • From: Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 10:16:19 -0700

Hi Andre,

is it possible for you to take a snapshot of network traffic on the server side (with a tool like wireshark for ex.) and send it to us? It would help a lot if we see the entire HTTP request that causes this problem.

Thank you.

WBR,
Alexey.

On 16.08.13 09:45, André Wallat wrote:
Hello,

I came across a strange error when I access my server from the iPad browser Safari. Most of the times the first character of the first form parameter is removed, so instead of "username" the parameter "sername" is received in my ContainerRequestFilter. All the other parameters are fine. Other browsers like Chrome, Firefox and even Android worked okay.

Any ideas? Maybe someone can open up an issue for this?

Here a bit more detailed scenario:
I send a post request with jQuery (v1.10.2) to my server after I access my website the first time. I think here it even works to transmit/convert the form parameter correctly, but when I submit the data a second time, then the first form parameter is losing its first character. My website is a single-page-app created with AngularJS.
With firefox light I could check the POST-request and the submitted parameters were correct. So it has to be an error in grizzly!?

My workaround so far is to add a dummy-Parameter as the first parameter, so that the other parameters stay okay.

Client: Safari iOS iPad 6.1.3
Server: Grizzly 2.3.5

Cheers,
André

Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/16/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/16/2013

<Possible follow-up(s)>

RE: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Gajanan 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

gajanan x.kulkarni 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/18/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/18/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/18/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/19/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/19/2013
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2017 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)