Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

  • From: Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 08:27:50 -0700

Hi Andre,

unfortunately the log you sent looks fine.
Here I prepared the same patch for Grizzly 2.3.4 [1], there is no need to change the logging level, because the logs I'm interested in should be logged using Level.INFO.

Thanks a lot.

WBR,
Alexey.

[1] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7319744/params/grizzly-http-2.3.4.jar

On 18.08.13 06:36, André Wallat wrote:
Hi Alexey,

I tried the patched library but wasn't able to reproduce it unfortunately. With version 2.3.4 and logging level set to FINE I could get the error (see attached file). The finer I set the logging level the less the error occurs. But maybe the exception shown in the attached log file already helps to figure out the problem!?

I will try some more tests ...

Cheers,
André



On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok@... <mailto:oleksiy.stashok@...>> wrote:

    Hi Andre,

    I tried the same request, but still can't reproduce the issue.
    Can you pls. try this patch [1], which extends Grizzly parameters
    parsing logging. Once the issue is reproduced - pls. send us the
    server logging.

    Thank you.

    WBR,
    Alexey.

    [1]
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7319744/params/grizzly-http-2.3.5.jar



    On 17.08.13 04:48, André Wallat wrote:
    Hi everyone,

    I was able to take a snapshot showing the data that lead to the
    error.

      * at packet no. 40 you can see a successful login with the
        response in no. 43
      * at packet no. 204 you can see another login (with same form
        parameters) with a denied error sent in no. 206

    I hope you can find out what's going wrong now :)
    I was using an iPod touch and even on a Safari desktop browser
    the problem occurred, however not that often!

    Cheers,
    André


    On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 4:52 AM, gajanan x.kulkarni
    <gajanan.x.kulkarni@...
    <mailto:gajanan.x.kulkarni@...>> wrote:

        ok lets wait on wireshark data from the André

        Thanks
        Gajanan.

        On 8/17/2013 6:42 AM, Oleksiy Stashok wrote:

            I tried sending a request byte-by-byte, but still can't
            reproduce the problem :(



            On 16.08.13 17:18, Gajanan wrote:

                Reason could be that request is coming in smaller
                chunks and grizzly misses a char while joining the
                chunks seen similare issue on sailfin in the fast. To
                reproduce u need simple code which writes request in
                small chunks.

                Sent from my Xperia™ smartphone

                André Wallat <andre.wallat@...
                <mailto:andre.wallat@...>> wrote:

                Hello,

                I came across a strange error when I access my server
                from the iPad browser Safari. Most of the times the
                first character of the first form parameter is
                removed, so instead of "username" the parameter
                "sername" is received in my ContainerRequestFilter.
                All the other parameters are fine. Other browsers
                like Chrome, Firefox and even Android worked okay.

                Any ideas? Maybe someone can open up an issue for this?

                Here a bit more detailed scenario:
                I send a post request with jQuery (v1.10.2) to my
                server after I access my website the first time. I
                think here it even works to transmit/convert the form
                parameter correctly, but when I submit the data a
                second time, then the first form parameter is losing
                its first character. My website is a single-page-app
                created with AngularJS.
                With firefox light I could check the POST-request and
                the submitted parameters were correct. So it has to
                be an error in grizzly!?

                My workaround so far is to add a dummy-Parameter as
                the first parameter, so that the other parameters
                stay okay.

                Client: Safari iOS iPad 6.1.3
                Server: Grizzly 2.3.5

                Cheers,
                André



-- "I say the glass is always full- half with air, half with
        water!" - Modi







Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/16/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/16/2013

<Possible follow-up(s)>

RE: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Gajanan 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

gajanan x.kulkarni 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/17/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/18/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/18/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/18/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/19/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/19/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/19/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/19/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/20/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

André Wallat 08/20/2013

Re: Error in Form-Parameter conversion

Oleksiy Stashok 08/20/2013
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2017 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)
 
 
Close
loading
Please Confirm
Close