Re: When using Port Unification, child filter won't get life cycle event.

  • From: Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: Re: When using Port Unification, child filter won't get life cycle event.
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 00:22:13 -0700

Hey,

It seems when using Port Unification,
event like handleConnect handleAccept handleClose won't redirect to child filter.
IMO there's no need to use port unification for client side, isn't it? Because on client-side you always know which protocol to use, so handleConnect shouldn't be a problem?

handleAccept - you're right, at accept time we don't know which protocol the Connection is going to use.
handleClose - we probably can notify, shouldn't be a problem. Can you pls. file an issue?

So child filter handle doesn't has chance to do the cleanup when connection is closed.
There's a way around, you can register a CloseListener on a Connection: connection.addCloseListener(...);

Hope this will help.

WBR,
Alexey.

When using Port Unification, child filter won't get life cycle event.

LongkerDandy 06/13/2014

Re: When using Port Unification, child filter won't get life cycle event.

Oleksiy Stashok 06/13/2014
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2015 (revision 20150626.29986a4)