Re: Checking if a connection is closed

  • From: Oleksiy Stashok <oleksiy.stashok@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: Re: Checking if a connection is closed
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 14:57:06 -0700

Hi Luis,

unfortunately it might be related to OS or JDK socket implementation.
The only reliable way to check the socket status is to try to read or write something.

Can you pls. provide more details on your usecase, may be we'll be able to find a solution.

Thanks.

WBR,
Alexey.

On 13.06.14 14:37, Luis Antunes wrote:
Hi,

I'm implementing a Grizzly HttpHandler, and am wondering if there is any way to check if the client connection that originated the Request is still open, or if it has closed? I've tried obtaining the HttpRequestPacket from the Request, and checking if the Connection is open, but that seems to always return true, even if the client has disconnected.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Luis

Checking if a connection is closed

Luis Antunes 06/13/2014

Re: Checking if a connection is closed

Oleksiy Stashok 06/13/2014

Re: Checking if a connection is closed

Luis Antunes 06/14/2014

Re: Checking if a connection is closed

Oleksiy Stashok 06/16/2014
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy; Copyright ©2013-2016 (revision 20160708.bf2ac18)