» Project Kenai Documentation and Training » How Do I ... »About Issue Tracking
Using the Bugzilla Issue Tracker
If your project uses the Bugzilla issue tracking system for tracking bugs and feature requests, you see a Bugzilla page open when you click Issue Tracking on your project page. See below for a figure showing that page.
Full documentation of Bugzilla is available at Using Bugzilla.
Reporting a Bug for a Project
To report a bug for a project:
- Open the project page, then click the Issue Tracking link.
- The Bugzilla page for that project opens.
- Click the "File a new bug ..." link (see figure above).
- If you're asked to log in, click the link and log in.
- After a successful login, you see the bug report form.
- If you're new to Bugzilla, click the link to the bug reporting guidelines.
- Be sure to click the link showing what kinds of bugs have been reported for the project most recently.
- Make sure your environment is correct, and then set the bug priority appropriately. P3 is normal importance and P1 is very urgent. For example, a documentation bug might be P5, but a bug affecting everyone with no workaround is likely to be at least P2.
- In the description, give as much information as you can to help reproduce the bug. If possible, provide the steps required to make it happen.
- At the bottom of the form, decide if you want to restrict visibility of the bug to the listed groups. By default, everyone with a login on Project Kenai can see the bug.
- When you're done entering information, click Commit to submit the bug.
Working With a Bug
If you're a project administrator or developer, you can typically fix bugs for a project and assign them. To see which bugs are open, follow the instructions above in Reporting a bug for a project to get to the Bugzilla issue tracker, where you will see a list of bugs.
- To open a bug, click its ID number, as shown in the figure above.
- With the bug open, you can read it and, if you have enough privilege in the project, edit it.
For example, as shown in the figure below, here's how to close a bug because you've fixed it:
- Change its Status to Resolved.
- Choose Fixed.
- Scroll down to Additional Comments, say what the fix was, and click Commit.