Skip to main content

Waiting for upstream projects to build committed code

2 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 1 - Last Post: February 15, 2011 11:49
by: susanduncan
showing 1 - 2 of 2
Posted: February 09, 2011 12:03 by gogstad
Hi,

Is there a way to make Hudson wait for upstream projects to build committed code that hasn't been built?

This is my scenario:

I got two Hudson projects, project B build modules that are downstream to the ones built by project A. The current time is 08:10 and there are commits on modules in both projects at 08:05. If Hudson start building project A, then project B blocks and everything is good. On the other hand, if Hudson start build Project B, then there will be a compile time error because of dependencies to the committed code in Project A that hasn't been built yet.

A solution to my problem would be if Hudson looks for committed code prior to 08:10 in upstream dependencies that hasn't been built before it builds Project B. Project B then blocks until all code committed on upstream dependencies before 08:10 is built.

Is this possible, or does anyone have another solution?
Posted: February 15, 2011 11:49 by susanduncan
Hi,

This questions was also posted to the mailing lists. You can follow the responses there [1]

For now, it seems that the community prefers to discuss things in a mailing list format, rather than in the forums

rgds

susan

[1] http://java.net/projects/hudson/lists/users/archive/2011-02/message/38
Replies: 1 - Last Post: February 15, 2011 11:49
by: susanduncan

Close
Please Confirm
Close