Skip to main content

Hudson emails are not delivered

1 post   Feedicon  
Replies: 0 - Last Post: November 24, 2012 08:29
by: Sandeep439
showing 1 - 1 of 1
Posted: November 24, 2012 08:29 by Sandeep439
Hi,

I am using hudson to send email to a distribution list which can only receive e-mails if the sender authenticates to the SMTP server.

In Hudson's global configuration page I gave the System admin email ID as x@y.com(assume).

Also, I have provided the username and password for that ID. If I send a test mail then I receive the mail but when I do a build the distribution list does not receive the mail and I get a Delivery Failed notification from the SMTP server, which I have pasted below:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

test1@y.com
Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
_____

Sent by Exchange Server

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: [server name]

test1@y.com
#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##

Original message headers:

Received: from x (my machine IP) by [SMTP server name](SMTP server IP) with SMTP Server id 1.1.11.1[ID changed]; Fri, 23 Nov 2012
23:48:54 -0800
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:18:54 +0530
To: <test1@y.com>
Message-ID: <28196397.131353743335887.JavaMail.SYSTEM@x>
Subject: [Hudson] Build failed in Hudson: First Job #12
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Return-Path: x@y.com
Received-SPF: PermError (SMTP server name: domain of
x@y.com used an invalid SPF mechanism)

Is it a issue in Hudson code or there is some problem with the configuration I have filled in global configuration?

Note that I am using Hudson email-ext plugin with the same configuration as explained above and that it only fails for e-mail ids that have some kind of security policy imposed on them that requires the sender to authenticate with the SMTP server.

Please help!

Thank You
Sandeep
Replies: 0 - Last Post: November 24, 2012 08:29
by: Sandeep439

Close
Please Confirm
Close