Skip to main content

How can I preserve a previous build workspace and reference by a downstream job using the Build Pipeline plug-in

1 post   Feedicon  
Replies: 0 - Last Post: January 09, 2013 15:52
by: eric.wood
showing 1 - 1 of 1
Posted: January 09, 2013 15:52 by eric.wood
I trying to configure a series of jobs to perform build once deploy many philosophy.

The first job is a CI job that builds and deploying into a CI instance and reports results. The downstream jobs deploy in a promoted fashion to DEV, QA, UAT and PRAOD.

I'm using the Build Pipeline plugin to control execution of the downstream jobs. This plugin allows me to control the promotion path of the build through the environments.

I'm trying to enable each downstream job to be able to use the workspace from the upstream job. I was trying the clone workspace plugin, but it removes the previous version of a cloned workspace (.zip file) when a new "not failed" build executes.

Using the Build Pipeline, I want to preserve the build workspace for each pipeline. What I mean by this is that when a new pipeline is established by having the first job, the CI build run, I want to be able to use that workspace in that pipeline's downstream jobs. Each build pipeline needs to use the same workspace.

Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this task?
Replies: 0 - Last Post: January 09, 2013 15:52
by: eric.wood

Close
Please Confirm
Close