Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: What is the governance of the new Hudson?

  • From: Emeric Vernat <evernat@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: What is the governance of the new Hudson?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:25:06 +0100

Yes I still have some issues with English.
And I mean below "where it is still possible" of course.

Le 14/02/2011 08:19, Emeric Vernat a écrit :
Hi Ted,

Thank you for your quick response about governance.
I will wait for your post describing it.

May I suggest that the lead (Winston) gives the choice to some people to be in the governance of both communities in order to cooperate where it is steel possible: perhaps a neutral volunteer could be found (not me).

In the mean time, I hope that decisions, contributions and releases don't come from a single non-Oracle people, as talented as Jason may be.
And we can stop throwing flames about the hardware now.

bye, Emeric

Le 14/02/2011 03:02, Ted Farrell a écrit :
Hi Emeric,

Oracle and Sonatype are working closely together. Sonatype had been doing a lot of work already and it was the same kind of things that we had been talking about. You'll see more code coming from Oracle as well now that we are mostly caught up after having parts of the Hudson infrastructure stolen away from us during the Jenkins fork. Winston and team have been working to getting the infrastructure back to normal, which is just about done. Now they are looking forward to cranking out some code.

The driver of Hudson should be the community. Oracle is fully backing the project so it will continue to grow and be supported. We are putting more resources on it every week. We welcome everybody who wants to constructively participate.

As far as governance goes, we are hoping to make things more formal and post something soon. We are leaning towards an Eclipse model where there is a lead (Winston) and a PMC. I suggested this to Cloudbees and Andrew when we were discussing things in December, but Sacha thought that was too formal/heavyweight so I dropped it as a compromise. That is why it was not in any of the documents we posted so far. Now that they have forked, we are leaning towards it again. I think following a well-proven process is better than making one up on our own, and I am interested in hearing others thoughts as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

thx.

    -ted