Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

  • From: Jason van Zyl <jason@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 13:17:18 -0500

On Feb 14, 2011, at 1:06 PM, Winston Prakash wrote:

If Hudson community is interested in using Github for SCM that should not be a problem. I already reserved the account "hudson" in Github when it became free after the Jenkins fork.  As before the fork, the java.net git repository can be simply mirrored.

I would be very interested because I would like to implement this:

And it would honestly be a lot easier with the source at Github. Having a Hudson organization at Github where we can setup teams and repositories for plugin developers would also make it easier. We can fully automate the onboarding process for new plugin developers.

+1 for Github

Two of  of the recent Hudson plugin developers asked me to create SVN repository. I guess using SVN in Github should not be a problem as per this post https://github.com/blog/626-announcing-svn-support

- Winston

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Jesse Farinacci <jieryn@...> wrote:
+1 .. github rocks!

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Jason van Zyl <jason@...> wrote:
> I think that Github has some infrastructure that would be nice to take
> advantage of.
> - Nice REST API. Good for IDE and tooling integration
> - Really easy for people to interact with us by forking and making
> changes/additions that are easy to absorb
> - Easier to monitor changes
> - Git repositories are available over HTTPS

-Jesse

- Winston

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.

 -- Buddha

[Hudson-Dev] Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Jason van Zyl 02/14/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Jesse Farinacci 02/14/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Winston Prakash 02/14/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

John Smart 02/14/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Ted Farrell 02/14/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Jason van Zyl 02/14/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Jesse Farinacci 02/14/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

susan duncan 02/15/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Jason van Zyl 02/15/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Using Github as the canonical Git repository

Jason Dillon 02/14/2011