Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

  • From: James Nord <teilo@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:51:17 +0000

On 24/02/2011 20:31, Jason van Zyl wrote:
On Feb 24, 2011, at 3:20 PM, <teilo@...> <teilo@...> wrote:

I'll try this again whilst not rushing out the door and leaving
predictive text on..

"We are also in communication with a bunch of the plugin writers who
are interested in keeping their plugins working in both Hudson and
Jenkins."

Which bunch of *plugin writers* would that be as it certainly hasn't
included me (m2 release)

The two that I saw today were:

Build Pipeline:

Sonar Plugin:

Both specifically supporting both Hudson and Jenkins.

Ok - maybe a bit more context...
Currently the source is in java.net svn - it is to me migrated to github jenkinsci (jenkinsci will be the primary target from now as we use Nectar).

The next release has a bug that needs to be fixed in the core - I am about to make that change in Jenkins.
As such I will declare the parent of my plugin to the the hpi of the fixed jenkins version.

So - this will I presume lock out Hudson users (as the hpi is built against the jenkins parent not the pre split/fork/rename/whatever Hudson.)

So given that I would also need to put the equiv fix into Hudson (and would require me to do more work by writing a Unit / integration test for this) where do I go?

1) the fix would need to go into core as it is a core bug.
2) somehow my plugin needs to get to both update centers and the version of jenkins != version of Hudson (due to differeing release versions/timescales)

(The core bug is that it does not set and expose M2_HOME as an environment variable to the Maven2 type job, nor does it prepend M2_HOME to the path.

/James

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

(continued)

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Ted Farrell 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Ted Farrell 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Richard Bywater 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Vincent Latombe 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jaanek Oja 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Joe Bowbeer 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Winston Prakash 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Charles Rhys 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

teilo 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

James Nord 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

James Nord 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Henrik Lynggaard Hansen 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Charles Rhys 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Bernard Wilson 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason Dillon 02/27/2011