Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

  • From: Charles Rhys <chuck.rhys@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 04:15:17 -0800 (PST)

Interesting.

That also reminds me, I've been wanting to ask, why was Kohsuke's name replaced with 'Hudson CI' on the wiki?

I understand that Susan already renamed it back, but why did it happen in the first place?
I think it's a good opportunity for Susan / Jason to clarify in public.

I also found it ridiculous that Jason offered to talk privately on IM and publish the result later.
If this project is open, let the openness be part of the culture, discuss these type of issues in public, no behind-the-scene discussions please.

With Oracle's intention of having proper process on most things in the new Hudson community, I thought a rename like that shouldn't have happened in the first place, specially to the person who contributed vast majority of the code, out of his work hours, for so many years.

CR

--

KK asked several times for the JSR330 work that was being done to be posted so that it could be considered for merging. It was never forthcoming.

The 'old' community never prevented any of these changes, because they were never produced for them to be rejected! Indeed, what if Jenkins decides to actually integrate them? Now that Hudson is also on github, why the need to split apart?

Why is there this *sudden* flurry of significant things to be merged that could quite easily have been shown whilst work in progress, and probably would have stood a very good chance of being committed?

Sadly, being evil seems to be in Sonatype's DNA. E.g: http://www.jroller.com/eu/entry/committer_is_removed

I actually think that if you leave the vote for longer, then you'll find higher numbers supporting Kohsuke and the old Hudson dev community.

It doesn't seem that you realize it yet Jason. Now that Ted confirmed on his last email that JSR330 is Sonatype's motivation, your evil meter is pretty high now.
An honest question, please remind me again, why didn't you contribute JSR330 to the old Hudson dev? What makes it different this time when Oracle is in charge? Was it purely just licensing issue? What were your complaints about the old Hudson dev community?

CR

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

(continued)

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jaanek Oja 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Joe Bowbeer 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Winston Prakash 02/25/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Charles Rhys 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

teilo 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

James Nord 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

James Nord 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Henrik Lynggaard Hansen 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Charles Rhys 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Bernard Wilson 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason Dillon 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

James Nord 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason Dillon 02/28/2011