Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

  • From: Jason Dillon <jason@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:18:19 -0800

Retaining "core" compatibility is not the same as retaining "plugin" compatibility.   The later is what is important.  Trying to retain "core" compatibility would generally mean that hudson and jenkins now have to move in lock-step which is a horrible horrible direction to take IMO.

--jason

On Feb 27, 2011, at 12:11 PM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:

On 27 February 2011 18:22, Bernard Wilson <bernard.wilson@...> wrote:
Well, I think it's pretty obvious to me that you could have gotten those changes in if you'd simply been more visible about them.

Hi Bernard,

Wrt. that last email you quoted (dated 15th December) - it was basically a bad case of timing with the holiday season, and the fact that I much prefer coding to documentation. I was actually in the middle of writing up the various approaches that we'd been prototyping when everything started to get very heated on the mailing lists and I thought it was better to let the dust settle rather than try to discuss intricate core changes while so much was going on.

Anyway, in the interests of moving forward and maintaining core compatibility I've written up a corresponding feature request for Jenkins:

and opened a discussion on the developer list to review the current design, which is hopefully more visible this time :)

--
Cheers, Stuart

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

(continued)

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

James Nord 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

James Nord 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Henrik Lynggaard Hansen 02/24/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Charles Rhys 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/26/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason van Zyl 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Bernard Wilson 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason Dillon 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Stuart McCulloch 02/27/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

James Nord 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Questions re governance and control

Jason Dillon 02/28/2011