Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication

  • From: Peter Lynch <peter@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:49:58 -0500

Hi Winston,

I am able to login, but once logged in I don't see any issues on my dashboard. Earlier this morning it was working fine. In fact I even created a new issue in Hudson.

Here is what I see now: http://screencast.com/t/gd4Iud8NU1h

According to my profile I am not in any groups so I suppose this is the initial cause.

-Peter

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Winston Prakash <winston.prakash@...> wrote:
Hudson JIRA (http://issues.hudson-ci.org) uses Atlassian Crowd (http://crowd.hudson-ci.org) for authentication. Hudson JIRA was using collab.net based authentication (which will stop working soon), via crowd. So, I wrote a new crowd plugin for JIRA authentication which in turn based on java.net authentication. The groups of this directory are

jira-administators  - mapped to administrators of java.net hudson project
jira-developers - mapped to developers of java.net hudson project
jira-users - mapped to observers of java.net hudson project

  • Any one can view the JIRA issues without login.
  • jira-users can create issues
  • The issues are assigned to by jira-developers.

If you have java.net account, then you should be able to login. If you want a a JIRA account, create a java.net account, you will automatically  get the JIRA account.

As of last week, Hudson JIRA is switched to this new java.net based authentication. As reported by some,  they could not view the issues with out login. I will take a look at that issue.

If you face any other issues, let me know, I will take a look at them.

- Winston

--
Peter Lynch
http://blog.peterlynch.ca

[Hudson-Dev] Hudson JIRA Authentication

Winston Prakash 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication

Peter Lynch 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication

susan duncan 02/28/2011