Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication

  • From: susan duncan <susan.duncan@...>
  • To: dev@..., users@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:47:21 +0000

To create a java.net account use this URL[1]

Please do not use the link on the JIRA login page as this is incorrect and points to the old java.net page that is deprecated. I am getting this fixed

thanks

susan

[1] https://java.net/people/new

On 28/02/2011 15:43, Winston Prakash wrote:
Hudson JIRA (http://issues.hudson-ci.org) uses Atlassian Crowd (http://crowd.hudson-ci.org) for authentication. Hudson JIRA was using collab.net based authentication (which will stop working soon), via crowd. So, I wrote a new crowd plugin for JIRA authentication which in turn based on java.net authentication. The groups of this directory are

jira-administators  - mapped to administrators of java.net hudson project
jira-developers - mapped to developers of java.net hudson project
jira-users - mapped to observers of java.net hudson project

  • Any one can view the JIRA issues without login.
  • jira-users can create issues
  • The issues are assigned to by jira-developers.

If you have java.net account, then you should be able to login. If you want a a JIRA account, create a java.net account, you will automatically  get the JIRA account.

As of last week, Hudson JIRA is switched to this new java.net based authentication. As reported by some,  they could not view the issues with out login. I will take a look at that issue.

If you face any other issues, let me know, I will take a look at them.

- Winston

[Hudson-Dev] Hudson JIRA Authentication

Winston Prakash 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication

Peter Lynch 02/28/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: Hudson JIRA Authentication

susan duncan 02/28/2011