Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

  • From: Jason van Zyl <jason@...>
  • To: dev@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:28:45 -0400

On Mar 15, 2011, at 4:19 PM, James Nord wrote:

Any answers?

Point us at the patch, we'll analyze it and see if we can absorb it. Most changes under 200 LOC are generally not a problem.

Alternatively do you have integration tests in your plugin that will fail when I run it against Hudson? If so that will be apparent what the problem is and we'll patch it up.

If I am not using new APIs from Jenkins but there is a bug in Jenkins & Hudson Maven2 integration that causes my plugin to fail - then I will need to state the plugin requires Hudson >= X and Jenkins >=Y in my plugin release.

How do you suggest I go about doing that?

/James

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will
elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come
and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

James Nord 03/15/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

Jason van Zyl 03/15/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

James Nord 03/15/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

Stuart McCulloch 03/15/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

Jason van Zyl 03/16/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

James Nord 03/23/2011

[Hudson-Dev] Re: PLugins and changes in Jenkins Core [was Re: Questions re governance and control]

Jason van Zyl 03/23/2011