Skip to main content

[Hudson-Dev] Attention Plug-in Owners and other Hudson Wiki Users

  • From: Duncan Mills <duncan.mills@...>
  • To: dev@..., users@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Dev] Attention Plug-in Owners and other Hudson Wiki Users
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:34:43 -0700

In an attempt to scope and hopefully mimimize the work as we transition Hudson onto it's shiny new hardware I want to clean up the Confluence installation and ensure that we have just the minimum set of stuff to migrate. This also meshes well with the project to clean up and classify the Plug-in tiers.
Given that a proportion of the current Wiki user list will no longer be concerned with Hudson, it seems easier to carry out this activity as an opt-In activity. This particularly applies to Plug-in writers some of whom will be no-longer maintaining Hudson compatible code.

If you are a plug in writer please let me know
1) Do you intend to maintain a Hudson compatible plugin and maintain the documentation in the Hudson wiki?
2) Do you intend to maintain a Hudson compatible plugin and maintain the documentation elsewhere - e.g. Jenkins wiki?
3) Do you not intend to maintain Hudson compatibility for your plug-in?

In the case of (1) contact me and I'll give you write access to the wiki.
In the case of (2) contact me and we can work out the appropriate wording and update your plug-ins page
In the case of (3) let me know and then we'll work on the community forking the plug-in in question (if it's popular enough) and then you'll no longer have to worry about the content of the Hudson wiki.

If you are a general community member who wants to contribute to Hudson documentation via the wiki then go ahead and mail me as well and I'll set you up with write access. We'll then formalize the process once this cleanup is done.

You can reach me at duncan dot mills at oracle dot com

Thanks
Duncan

[Hudson-Dev] Attention Plug-in Owners and other Hudson Wiki Users

Duncan Mills 03/16/2011