Skip to main content

[Hudson-Users] Re: [Hudson-Dev] upstream projects

  • From: Irfan Sayed <irfu.sayed@...>
  • To: Winston Prakash <winston.prakash@...>
  • Cc: users@...
  • Subject: [Hudson-Users] Re: [Hudson-Dev] upstream projects
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 20:15:33 +0530

thanks winston.
but my requirement is very simple.

there are two hudson jobs : A and B
if i fire the build for job "A" then hudson shud first fire the build for job "B". once successful, start the build of project "A"

plz suggest which option in hudson will suffice this ??

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Winston Prakash <winston.prakash@...> wrote:
I'm not sure how you set up your upstream and downstream project

For setting up downstream project, you provide the project names at Post-build Action -> Build Other Projects
For setting up upstream project, you provide the upstream project at Build Triggers -> Build after other projects are built

If you want to stream line the build, so that   upstream is blocked or downstream is blocked when each other is building then use Advanced Project Option ->  Block build when upstream/downstream project is building

Note that starting downstream first does not automatically start upstream, so if downstream depends on upstream always trigger only the upstream, downstream will be built automatically. If you set "Block build when upstream project is building" in downstream it won't start building until upstream is done.

BTW, for better control, you could use "lock and latch" plugin.

- Winston

hi,

I have added one project as upstream project in the configuration of current job/project.
as per the wiki page of hudson, upstream projects are those which gets fired first whenever we fire the build for current project
but when i fire the build for current project, hudson does not start the build for upstream project

the current project/job is dependent on upstream project so i need upstream project to be built first than current project
but unfortunately it is not happening

plz suggest

[Hudson-Users] upstream projects

Irfan Sayed 05/20/2011

[Hudson-Users] Re: [Hudson-Dev] upstream projects

Winston Prakash 05/20/2011