Skip to main content

[Hudson-Users] Concept using Hudson

  • From: Joerg Mohre <jmohre@...>
  • To: <users@...>
  • Subject: [Hudson-Users] Concept using Hudson
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:46:22 +0200

Hi all,

at the moment we think about using Hudson for our continuos work - but i am not sure if our concept is ok or if there are better solutions.

What we want to do with Hudson:

        1. Checkout sources (SVN)
        2. build firmware (GNU make)
        3. test new firmware automatically
                - We have an automated testsystem with AutoIT scripts running on a Windows PC.
                  There is a script available for each test case.
                - We use testlink as our test management system.
                So Hudson should read the test cases according to a testplan from testlink (testlink plugin) and executes the corresponding test scripts on the Windows PC.
                At the end of a test case Hudson shall report the results to testlink.

Hudson is running on a Linux machine.

I assume that step 1 & 2 will be no problem.
Access to testlink from Hudson should also be possible using the testlink plugin.

But how can a call the test scripts (*.exe) on the Windows PC?

What do you think about this concept?
Does this work with Hudson or are there better way to realize.

Any comments or links would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Jörg

[Hudson-Users] Concept using Hudson

Joerg Mohre 05/23/2011