Skip to main content

Cannot start web-sample-0.0.7 on MySQL

3 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 2 - Last Post: March 09, 2013 20:44
by: RuiRosado
showing 1 - 3 of 3
Posted: March 08, 2013 22:34 by RuiRosado
Hi all,

I am learning to use Imixs Workflow. Following the 'getting started' instructions, I can deploy and use the imixs-workflow-web-sample-0.0.7 on GlassFish with JavaDB/Derby. When I try to use a MySQL database backend, I can start the web-application, but when I create a 'ticket' it will not save, throwing an exception with root-cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails ("workflow"."entity_textitem", CONSTRAINT "FK_ENTITY_TEXTITEM_textItems_ID" FOREIGN KEY ("textItems_ID") REFERENCES "textitem" ("ID"))

(I am not including the whole stacktrace here).

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Rui
Posted: March 08, 2013 23:23 by Ralph
Hi Rui,

in general MySQL should work out of the box without making trouble.
Do you where able to upload the workflow model into mysql?
Which version of MySQL server are your using? And which JDBC driver did you use? I currently work with mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar

One suggestion would be to remove all tables from your database and redeploy the sample application again.

If this leads into the same error, please post the complete server.log entries from the moment when you click on create a 'ticket'

===
Ralph
Posted: March 09, 2013 20:44 by RuiRosado
Hi Ralph,

Thnx for the quick reaction.
Indeed, after deleteing all the tables, and redeploying the web-sample, I can now create workitems and process them!
I remember doing that before, without success, but now the difference is that I redeployed the web-sample app *after* having deployed the web-sample in JavaDB. Strange ...

Cheers,
Rui
Replies: 2 - Last Post: March 09, 2013 20:44
by: RuiRosado

Close
Please Confirm
Close