[pkg-discuss] Re: review request for 17173472 - pkg change-variant should allow variant removal
- From: Edward Pilatowicz <
- Subject: [pkg-discuss] Re: review request for 17173472 - pkg change-variant should allow variant removal
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 14:26:39 -0700
On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 01:08:51PM -0700, Xiaobo Shen wrote:
> On 10/ 3/13 03:47 PM, Danek Duvall wrote:
> >Xiaobo Shen wrote:
> >>Alta helped modifying the man page. here is a new webrev. Please take a
> >>look. Thanks.
> >Your webrev is against a very old version of the gate, which doesn't
> >include all the changes I synced in recently. Please pull, merge, and post
> >a new webrev.
> Ok. Here is an updated one. Thanks.
out of curiosity i took a quick look at this.
- in image_config_update() you look in new_variants for variants with a
value of "NONE". i may be mistaken, but i don't think you'll ever
find any because in make_change_varcets_plan() you removed them all.
(the "variants" variable in make_change_varcets_plan() becomes the
new_variants variable you see later in image_config_update().
- you've changed the behavior of make_change_varcets_plan() such that it
could have side effects. previously, it never changed the "variants"
dictionary that was passed in (it created a new dictionary with
different contents). with your changes you're now modifying the
dictionary that was passed in by the caller.