Skip to main content

Java.net java-ws-xml pending queue

  • From: Sonya Barry <sonya.barry@...>
  • To: leads@...
  • Subject: Java.net java-ws-xml pending queue
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:54:57 -0700
  • Mailing-list: contact leads-help@...; run by ezmlm

Hello Web Services and XML Community Leads,

I spent a couple of weeks (finally) straightening out the mess that has been the project pending queue for the last few months. Since we've been given a major commitment in investment from Oracle I'm writing to the different community leads to see who still wants to be involved, and who will be taking responsibility for responding to new project requests that come in for the NetBeans community. When we move into our new home on Kenai infrastructure, I want the community to be functioning well and promoting the good projects and members that we have been underserving for the last few years.

From now on, I'd like to see someone to respond to a new project request within one business day - we can't call ourselves a community if we don't talk to the people who want to join. Can you let me know if you still want to be involved with this, and if so, who is going to actually handle it. We have an automated system in place which means you can click two buttons and auto-generate a response, so this is no longer a major time sink. If nobody from the this community wishes to take responsibility, I'll take care of these projects myself. I'd just like to know so I can handle them in a timely manner. If you want to take responsibility but want a little guidance in how to use the system, I'm happy to take some time to walk you through it. At the moment there is a project in your pending queue that should be handled immediately.

Finally, if you don't want to be involved in community leadership at java.net, please let me know that as well. I can take care of removing you from this list so you don't get spam from me again. And if you know someone who should be getting these lead emails, but isn't, please let me know as well.

Thanks!
Sonya

Java.net java-ws-xml pending queue

Sonya Barry 03/24/2010