Skip to main content

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

  • From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:42:53 +0100

Not sure about the ALIAS= syntax. What about the good old EL ? I agree with Jevgeni, we've already talked about configuration issues in EE. It has to go further not just restricted to passwords. What about :

@DataSourceDefinition(name="${myDataSource}",
    className="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource",
    user="${myUserId}",
    password="${password}",
    databaseName="${dbName}",
    serverName="localhost",
    portNumber=3306 )

Sorry if I didn't understand well but passwords are just one of the many possible configuration on an EE app. The fact that it's encrypted makes it slightly different but we could treat it in a different way. Something like password="${aClearPassword}" and password="${encrypted(anEncryptedPassword}".

Antonio

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 09:45, Jevgeni Kabanov <jevgeni@...> wrote:
Is there a reason it is limited to passwords? I'm sure a generic ${}
Ant-style configuration string post-processing would be greatly
appreciated by the community.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterBlog | LinkedInParis JUG

[jsr342-experts] password aliasing proposal

Bill Shannon 01/30/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Werner Keil 01/30/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Bill Shannon 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Jeff Genender 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Florent BENOIT 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Jevgeni Kabanov 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Werner Keil 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Antonio Goncalves 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Werner Keil 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

David Blevins 01/31/2012