Skip to main content

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:49:49 +0100

And in the spirit of PaaS you probably wanna include
serverName="${myServername}"
instead of
serverName="localhost"
too?

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
Not sure about the ALIAS= syntax. What about the good old EL ? I agree with Jevgeni, we've already talked about configuration issues in EE. It has to go further not just restricted to passwords. What about :

@DataSourceDefinition(name="${myDataSource}",
    className="com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource",
    user="${myUserId}",
    password="${password}",
    databaseName="${dbName}",
    serverName="localhost",
    portNumber=3306 )

Sorry if I didn't understand well but passwords are just one of the many possible configuration on an EE app. The fact that it's encrypted makes it slightly different but we could treat it in a different way. Something like password="${aClearPassword}" and password="${encrypted(anEncryptedPassword}".

Antonio

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 09:45, Jevgeni Kabanov <jevgeni@...> wrote:
Is there a reason it is limited to passwords? I'm sure a generic ${}
Ant-style configuration string post-processing would be greatly
appreciated by the community.

Sent from my iPhone

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterBlog | LinkedInParis JUG

--

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member (ME) | Eclipse UOMo Lead

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* M-Day: February 1 2012, Frankfurt, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member, OpenDDR Evangelist will discuss "Mobile Web Development"

* Social Media Week: February 13-17 2012, Hamburg, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member, designated Social JSR Spec Lead will discuss "Java Social"

* Mobile Developer Conference: February 14 2012, Hamburg, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC (ME) Member, OpenDDR Evangelist will present "OpenDDR"

[jsr342-experts] password aliasing proposal

Bill Shannon 01/30/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Werner Keil 01/30/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Bill Shannon 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Jeff Genender 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Florent BENOIT 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Jevgeni Kabanov 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Werner Keil 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Antonio Goncalves 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

Werner Keil 01/31/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: password aliasing proposal

David Blevins 01/31/2012