Skip to main content

[jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:25:45 +0200

+1

That can solve a lot of clashes.

We're facing a problem I might have briefly mentioned earlier, where 2 different implementations of JSF by JBoss and Apache clash in a deployment. Making a JSF based web application unusable. This is where this could clearly help.

Similar if you e.g. want to shield different JPA versions (assuming, package names are different) use Hibernate instead of something that's built-in or prefer JPA over a project or solution that uses an older version of Hibernate.

Cheers,
--

Werner Keil JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead | Java Godfather

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* Eclipse Day Delft: September 27 2012, Delft, Netherlands. Werner Keil, Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Triple-E class Continuous Delivery with Hudson, Maven and Mylyn"

* JavaOne: September 30-October 4 2012, San Francisco, USA. Werner Keil,  JCP Executive Committee Member will present "Standards for the Future of Java Embedded", "Eclipse UOMo, STEM, and JSRs e.g. 331 or JCP.next"

* JMaghreb: November 2-3 2012, Rabat, Morocco. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member and Agorava Committer, will present "Java Social JSR, it's alive"

* DevoXX: November 13 2012, Antwerp, Belgium. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member and Agorava Committer, will present "Java Social JSR, it's alive"

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
Pete, is this proposal related with performance only or are there other use cases ? The only use case I can find is disabling scanning on 3rd party libraries that are embedded in the project.

Antonio

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...> wrote:
For those of you who want a feature such as this, what problem is it
solving for you?  Examples would be helpful.

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterLinkedInParis JUG | Devoxx France

[jsr342-experts] Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module

Pete Muir 09/12/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module

Bill Shannon 09/12/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module

Antonio Goncalves 09/25/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module