Skip to main content

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

  • From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts <jsr342-experts@...>
  • Subject: [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 14:56:35 +0100

I like to use Producers and Alternatives so I can easily switch context. In the case of having CDI in ACC that would allow me to invoke different Web Serivces just by changing beans.xml

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir@...> wrote:

It's not in the cdi tck so I doubt it is in jboss as.

Nigel's point about scopes is very relevant.

On 9 Nov 2012 14:03, "Antonio Goncalves" <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
I'm not an ACC expert, but I do use it once in a while. But to be honest, I don't know why it doesn't work. If you look at the EE spec (eg. EE 7 - Figure EE.2-1) you see that CDI & DI is in the ACC. But on the other hand, the CDI 1.0 spec (12.1. Bean archives) says "The container is not required to support application client jar bean archives." I tried several time with the appclient from GlassFish, and CDI just doesn't work (wonder if JBoss ACC allows CDI or not). The "is not required" part is frustrating.

Antonio

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir@...> wrote:
I'm not an expert in the ACC, so would need a ACC expert who knows CDI to help us define the behavior. Interested Antonio?

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterLinkedInParis JUG | Devoxx France

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterLinkedInParis JUG | Devoxx France

[jsr342-experts] CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Werner Keil 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/10/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/11/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/11/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/12/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/12/2012