Skip to main content

[jsr342-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: bundle overriding

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Cc: michael keith <michael.keith@...>, users@..., Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...>, Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel@...>
  • Subject: [jsr342-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: bundle overriding
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:49:34 +0100

Thanks a lot for the discussion on that.
I also see projects suffering from 3rd party libraries added to the application server or crucial parts like admin consoles on a regular basis. Actual project code won't work because those add-ons come first on the classpath and interfere with the dependency chain of projects.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Markus Eisele <myfear@...> wrote:
Hi Michael,

> Thanks for your feedback, and indeed for all of your active contributions to
> the group.

That is why I am here :) And honestly I'm addicted to Java EE ;)

> The point was to see if we could get a decent bang from an inexpensive buck.

A good approach. Very pragmatical. But I'm still not in favor for it.
Bottom line for me
is, that it will not change anything significantly.

> Providing me with references reminding me of my previous failed attempts to
> get some kind of modularity into EE were unnecessarily just turning the
> knife, however ;-)

Wasn't meant to be like this. Sorry. I'm a strong supporter of "having
modularity" in the platform.
But I don't want to see a minute spend on things that "only look like"
and don't truly change anything.

As I said, I believe it would be a good idea to start with kind of a
"draft requirement document" to collect all the ideas and wishes that
are around.
We could also put it on and develop this further until we
finally reach the point when there is either time or SE modularization

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Java Godfather

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+

[jsr342-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] bundle overriding

Markus Eisele 11/29/2012

Message not available

[jsr342-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: bundle overriding

Markus Eisele 11/30/2012

[jsr342-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: bundle overriding