Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

  • From: "reza_rahman@..." <reza_rahman@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:31:57 +0000 (GMT)

It's basically a bug I think -- we implemented what you are looking for in Resin. I think the Java EE platform spec is pretty clear about @DataSourceDefinition on plain managed beans, Servlets, EJB.

Jan 6, 2012 03:05:45 AM, jsr342-experts@... wrote:
Hi all,

I just came accross a limitation (bug) of GlassFish : adding a @DataSourceDefinition on a CDI bean doesn't work in an embedded environment (http://www.java.net/forum/topic/glassfish/glassfish/invalid-resource-datasource-embedded-mode). I had to put it in the EJB to make it work.

Why do I use  @DataSourceDefinition on a CDI bean instead of an EJB ? Because I thought I could use alternatives (i.e. defining several data sources depending on the environment). But this doesn't work in CDI 1.0 (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-53).

Alternatives should work on definitions, don't you think ? In other specs, are you aware of other kind of definitions (I know that JMS 2.0 will bring similar features with @JMSConnectionFactoryDefinition and @JMSDestinationDefinition) ? If yes, we should encourage the spec leads to use similar behavior.

My 2 cents

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterBlog | LinkedInParis JUG

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

Antonio Goncalves 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

reza_rahman@... 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

reza_rahman@... 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

Pete Muir 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

Antonio Goncalves 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

Pete Muir 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

Bill Shannon 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

Antonio Goncalves 01/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

reza_rahman@... 01/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Datasources and other resources defined on CDI beans

Reza Rahman 01/06/2012