Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: reza_rahman@...
  • Cc: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 00:05:22 +0100

Sounds fair, but most people I spoke to between JavaOne and DevoXX agreed, there probably should be at least one or a few more EE JSRs.

Maybe not one for packaging only, but as you mentioned configuration, staging and maybe deployment. Not sure if bundling them all into one works, any other suggestions?

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Reza Rahman <reza_rahman@...> wrote:
I'd rather this be addressed as part of a larger initiative to modernize Java EE configuration in general (discussed ad nausea some time ago).

On 1/6/2012 5:09 PM, Werner Keil wrote:
It's funny, as Andrew L Rubiger who works e.g. on Shrinkwrap asked me just that (if I believe some of it might be worthy of a JSR) some time between Java2Days last year in Sofia and DevoXX briefly after

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
Funny. I was playing with ShrinkWrap lately and saw the same kind of APIs on GlassFish : APIs to build archives. A shame this is not standard.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 21:58, Jim Knutson <knutson@...> wrote:
Adam Bien <abien@...> wrote on 11/11/2011 05:38:14 AM:
> I would standardize the existence of exploded JARs, WARs and EARs.
> All application servers do support that anyway,

Is this a deployment artifact you are talking about or a post
deployment form?

If this is to support faster development patterns, then you need
to be more specific about the pattern since many build systems
are finicky in their directory layout and relationships and it's
not clear that just extracting the deployment artifact is worth it.

Thanks,
Jim Knutson
WebSphere Java EE Architect

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterBlog | LinkedInParis JUG

--

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member (ME) | Eclipse UOMo Lead

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* Web Montag #34: January 16 2012, Frankfurt, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member, OpenDDR Evangelist will present "Device Recognition for Mobile Web"

* Mobile Developer Conference: February 14 2012, Hamburg, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC (ME) Member, OpenDDR Evangelist will present "OpenDDR"

No virus found in this message.

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member (ME) | Eclipse UOMo Lead

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* Web Montag #34: January 16 2012, Frankfurt, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC Member, OpenDDR Evangelist will present "Device Recognition for Mobile Web"

* Mobile Developer Conference: February 14 2012, Hamburg, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP EC (ME) Member, OpenDDR Evangelist will present "OpenDDR"

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Jim Knutson 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Antonio Goncalves 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Werner Keil 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Reza Rahman 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Werner Keil 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Antonio Goncalves 01/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Werner Keil 01/09/2012

Message not available

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Andrew Phillips 01/13/2012