Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

  • From: Jeff Genender <jgenender@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:24:01 -0700

For a worst case scenario, I think marking them for rollback is best (just to be safe).  I am not convinced about the annotation because what is this needs to be decided at runtime?

Was there any thought to a transaction marking bean attribute in the exception so it could be handled at runtime as well?  Although testing a parent class could work, it doesn't alleviate the ability to be semi generic on deciding whether as an interceptor to flag the transaction as a rollback or not.  I think a flag could do the trick pretty nicely.

Jeff

On Jan 10, 2012, at 1:14 PM, Linda DeMichiel wrote:

class with @DontRollbackTransaction (real name for this exception *TBD*).

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Linda DeMichiel 01/10/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Jeff Genender 01/10/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Linda DeMichiel 01/10/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Jeff Genender 01/10/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Linda DeMichiel 01/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Jim Knutson 01/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

reza_rahman@... 01/17/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Bill Shannon 01/19/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

reza_rahman@... 01/19/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

David Blevins 01/20/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

reza_rahman@... 01/20/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Transactional interceptors and exceptions

Linda DeMichiel 01/20/2012