Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

  • From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 22:40:03 +0100

Funny. I was playing with ShrinkWrap lately and saw the same kind of APIs on GlassFish : APIs to build archives. A shame this is not standard.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 21:58, Jim Knutson <knutson@...> wrote:
Adam Bien <abien@...> wrote on 11/11/2011 05:38:14 AM:
> I would standardize the existence of exploded JARs, WARs and EARs.
> All application servers do support that anyway,

Is this a deployment artifact you are talking about or a post
deployment form?

If this is to support faster development patterns, then you need
to be more specific about the pattern since many build systems
are finicky in their directory layout and relationships and it's
not clear that just extracting the deployment artifact is worth it.

Thanks,
Jim Knutson
WebSphere Java EE Architect

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterBlog | LinkedInParis JUG

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Jim Knutson 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Antonio Goncalves 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Werner Keil 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Reza Rahman 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Werner Keil 01/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Antonio Goncalves 01/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Werner Keil 01/09/2012

Message not available

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Standardization Of Exploded Archives

Andrew Phillips 01/13/2012