Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

  • From: Jevgeni Kabanov <jevgeni@...>
  • To: "jsr342-experts@..." <jsr342-experts@...>
  • Cc: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...>
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:45:03 +0200

Agreed. We really need a better way to separate the code from configuration.

JK

On Friday, March 9, 2012, Jason T. Greene wrote:
On 3/8/12 6:09 PM, Bill Shannon wrote:
I've uploaded another proposal from our security team. Please review
and give us your feedback.

http://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/downloads/download/credential-ssl-config-ee7-proposal.pdf

Frankly the whole idea of sticking private keys and password databases in deployments seems like a major hazard. Developers are used to copying these around everywhere. I could easily see someone forgetting they have sensitive information in here. People also tend to use short and bad passwords in keystores which makes bruteforcing a PKCS12 file not that difficult.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss AS Lead / EAP Platform Architect

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Bill Shannon 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Jason T. Greene 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Jeff Genender 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Jevgeni Kabanov 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Markus Eisele 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Florent BENOIT 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Minoru Nitta 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Bill Shannon 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Jevgeni Kabanov 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Bill Shannon 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Jason T. Greene 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Bill Shannon 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

Jason T. Greene 03/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Improved Credential and SSL Configuration for EE 7

IIDA Minehiko 03/10/2012