Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Anything happening on JAX-WS for Java EE 7 ?

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Anything happening on JAX-WS for Java EE 7 ?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:25:41 +0200

That's a good point. A caveat, though BV 1.1 is actually scheduled for EE 7 AFAIK, that EE 8 on top of SE 8 will get further work based on Type Annotation style validation (Checkers) alongside JSR 308.

Where benefits from existing and 1.1 BV arises, it seems like part of that simplification and harmonization, EE 7 has on its agenda, but there will be more, and either a BV 1.2 or 2.0 is most likely to result from the changes coming with Java 8.

--

Werner Keil JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead

Twitter @wernerkeil | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* Eclipse Day Krakow: September 13 2012, Krakow, Poland. Werner Keil, Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Eclipse STEM, UOMo and Hudson"

* Chip-to-Cloud Security Forum: September 19 2012, Nice, French Riviera. Werner Keil, JCP Executive Committee, JSR-321 EG Member will present "Trusted Computing API for Java™"

* Eclipse Day Delft: September 27 2012, Delft, Netherlands. Werner Keil, Eclipse Committer, UOMo Lead, Mærsk Build Manager will present "Triple-E class Continuous Delivery with Hudson, Maven and Mylyn"

* JavaOne: September 30-October 4 2012, San Francisco, USA. Werner Keil,  JCP Executive Committee Member will present "Standards for the Future of Java Embedded", "Eclipse UOMo, STEM, and JSRs e.g. 331 or JCP.next"

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
So, coming back to a thread in the EJB mailing list about integrating Bean Validation with other specs, what about having method-level validation in JAX-WS :

@WebService
@Transactional
public class AccountService {

    public Account get(@NotNull Account model) { }
}

If we agree that BV method-level validation should work everywhere, that means JAX-WS needs an upgrade (and I really hope we will be able to do BV method-level validation all accross Java EE).

Antonio

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
Ask the Spec Lead, who happens to be the same as JSON btw.

I am not aware of a dedicated new version, and even if it started now, it'll most likely miss "Code Freeze" for the EE 7 Release train anyway. So if non-invasive things may be improved, probably best to have another MR, otherwise for 2.3 I guess we might have to wait for EE 8. My gut feeling tell me...

Werner

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
Hello all,

I was having a look at JAX-WS specification (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=224) and noticed there was a Maintenance Release 4 last December. Otherwise, nothing special on http://jax-ws.java.net/ or http://java.net/projects/jax-ws.

Does anybody know if there are any plans to upgrade JAX-WS for Java EE 7 (such as a JAX-WS 2.3 or something like that) ?

Thanks
Antonio

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterLinkedInParis JUG | Devoxx France

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Anything happening on JAX-WS for Java EE 7 ?

Antonio Goncalves 09/03/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Anything happening on JAX-WS for Java EE 7 ?

Werner Keil 09/03/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Anything happening on JAX-WS for Java EE 7 ?

Antonio Goncalves 09/05/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Anything happening on JAX-WS for Java EE 7 ?