Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

  • From: Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:54:32 +0200

Like most of you I feel that JSON-P and WebSocket should be in the Web Profile, not the batch

JSR         full Platform       Web Profile
----        -------------       ----------
JSON-P           [X]                [X]
Web Socket       [X]                [X]
Batch            [X]                [ ]

I also thought that JCache was very advanced and ready to get into Java EE 7. Does anybody here follows the spec and knows how far they've been ?

Antonio

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel@...> wrote:

On 9/11/2012 6:26 AM, Pete Muir wrote:
We would agree with your proposal:

JSR         full Platform       Web Profile
----        -------------       ----------
JSON-P           [X]                [X]
Web Socket       [X]                [X]
Batch            [X]                [ ]

We would also raise the issue of whether JAX-RS should be in the web profile again, as it's a natural match for it (more and more apps use the REST architecture for writing web apps), especially if JSON-P is there.

I agree.  Actually I raised this issue back in February, and JAX-RS got a resounding "yes".
The WP drafts since then have included it.

-Linda

On 11 Sep 2012, at 01:04, Linda DeMichiel wrote:

We have a number of new JSRs in flight that we expect to complete
within the Java EE 7 time frame and that we believe are appropriate
for inclusion in the Java EE Platform -- namely:
  * Java API for JSON Processing 1.0 (JSR 353)
  * Java API for Web Socket 1.0  (JSR 356)
  * Batch Applications for the Java Platform 1.0 (JSR 352)

JSON-P 1.0 and Web Socket 1.0 are also both logically candidates
for inclusion in the Web Profile.

Please let us know if you support adding these technologies to the
full Java EE 7 Platform and Web Profile.

JSR         full Platform       Web Profile
----        -------------       ----------
JSON-P           [ ]                [ ]
Web Socket       [ ]                [ ]
Batch            [ ]                [ ]

Note that we certainly would also like to include JCACHE (JSR 107),
Concurrency Utilities for Java EE (JSR 236), and Java State Management
(JSR 350), but at this time we are less certain about their readiness
in the Java EE 7 timeframe.   Hopefully, however, we will be able to
ask you about their inclusion in the coming months.

thanks,

-Linda

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterLinkedInParis JUG | Devoxx France

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Markus Eisele 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Jim Knutson 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Pete Muir 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Antonio Goncalves 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Jim Knutson 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/17/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Jeff Genender 09/17/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/17/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Jeff Genender 09/17/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Antonio Goncalves 09/19/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/19/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/27/2012