Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:56:20 +0200

Pete/all,

Where this neither damages the "pride" of the SE efforts to give all of Java modularity eventually, having something like a "Modularity Light" for EE via CDI sounds like a really great thing. As both an CDI EG Member and  here I fully appreciate it, and of course any help inside the EG to make this work within the EE 7 timescale I am more than happy to contribute.

Werner

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir@...> wrote:
Some feedback from Jason Porter, a colleague, on this

I think having one file to control scanning would be a great addition. In JBoss AS7 all the configuration was merged into one file. It took users a little time to get used to the change, but overall the response has been very positive. Having one place for scanning (and hopefully eventually one location for configuration of an EE application) would be very nice IMO.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir@...> wrote:
All

The CDI EG is considering standardizing fine-grained control over what classes within a jar module.

The proposal today is to take the xml we defined in Weld as a starting point http://docs.jboss.org/weld/reference/latest/en-US/html/configure.html#d0e5767 and standardize it, making any improvements needed on the way.

A number of CDI EG members have suggested that it would be useful to standardize this not only for CDI, but for all Java EE specs, allowing a user to control, from one deployment descriptor (e.g. scan.xml) what is / isn't scanned for all technologies in Java EE.

 I know David Blevins has a similar proposal, somewhere, but not sure where.

I wanted to raise this issue here, before the CDI EG goes off and does this on it's own.

WDYT?

Pete

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module

Pete Muir 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Control over what is scanned, within a jar/module