Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

  • From: Jim Knutson <knutson@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:43:36 -0500

Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote on 09/11/2012 08:00:43 AM:
> +1

> Batch makes little sense for Web.

> While Web Socket may put license issues on certain vendors (at least
> smaller web server companies) the way it helps with async processes
> certainly makes it valuable for Web Profile, if you want to avoid
> fully fledged Enterprise alternatives like EJB or JMS for that.

> Werner

Note, there's a difference between being able to provide web sockets
and being required to provide web sockets.  Is web sockets really
something that is required by most (80% case) app deployments?

There's nothing that prevents someone from adding it to a web
profile compliant server and yes that certainly helps avoid a
full EE server, but the web profile is not intended to be the new
lite EE platform.  At least I didn't think so.

Thanks,
Jim Knutson
WebSphere Java EE Architect

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Markus Eisele 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Jim Knutson 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Pete Muir 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Antonio Goncalves 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Jim Knutson 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Werner Keil 09/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Linda DeMichiel 09/17/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform

Jeff Genender 09/17/2012