[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform
- From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel@...>
- To: jsr342-experts@...
- Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] new JSRs for inclusion in the Java EE Platform
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:04:22 -0700
- List-id: <jsr342-experts.javaee-spec.java.net>
- Organization: Oracle Corporation
We have a number of new JSRs in flight that we expect to complete
within the Java EE 7 time frame and that we believe are appropriate
for inclusion in the Java EE Platform -- namely:
* Java API for JSON Processing 1.0 (JSR 353)
* Java API for Web Socket 1.0 (JSR 356)
* Batch Applications for the Java Platform 1.0 (JSR 352)
JSON-P 1.0 and Web Socket 1.0 are also both logically candidates
for inclusion in the Web Profile.
Please let us know if you support adding these technologies to the
full Java EE 7 Platform and Web Profile.
JSR full Platform Web Profile
---- ------------- ----------
JSON-P [ ] [ ]
Web Socket [ ] [ ]
Batch [ ] [ ]
Note that we certainly would also like to include JCACHE (JSR 107),
Concurrency Utilities for Java EE (JSR 236), and Java State Management
(JSR 350), but at this time we are less certain about their readiness
in the Java EE 7 timeframe. Hopefully, however, we will be able to
ask you about their inclusion in the coming months.