Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] Logs. Should we finally do something ?

  • From: Kristoffer Sjögren <stoffe@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] Logs. Should we finally do something ?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:38:17 +0200

Antonio,

I think your concerns are relevant. There are times when transitive logging dependencies clash. Not too often, but it still hurts when it happens.

This seems like a good way to avoid these problems but will burden developers to create unnecessary boilerplate code. Another thing is this annoyance of adding logging dependencies on classpath that you do not want to manage or care more about. Let the JVM figure it out.

Lets be honest, I dont like JUL. Its inflexible. Not saying that it cannot be fixed.

Logging is important and I feel this is a problem. Please do not ignore.

Cheers,
-Kristoffer

[javaee-spec users] Logs. Should we finally do something ?

Kristoffer Sjögren 10/11/2012