Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:33:45 +0100

This is a VERY old JSR (double digit) so unless JMS 2.0 has updates to it, I thought, it would already be dead or at least no longer used...?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
BTW, nowhere is JAXM (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=67) mentioned. I'm confused now. Is it part of Java EE, Java SE or none of both ?

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Antonio Goncalves <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
Linda, Batch (EE.6.17) is missing from Table EE.6-1 and there is no mention of JCache (but that might be normal as it just got in)

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel@...> wrote:
Hi Antonio,

On 11/5/2012 4:41 AM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
Hi Linda,

Just a couple of spec version mistake I recon :

    * EE.6.5 JavaServer Pages™ (JSP) *2.2* Requirements : Should be JSP *2.3*
    * EE.6.9 JavaMail™ *1.4* Requirements : Should be *1.5*
    * EE.6.10 Java EE™ Connector Architecture *1.6* Requirements : Should be *1.7*

Yes, you are right.  I should have noted that I haven't finished updating version numbers for MRs,
pending whether their changes would cause a version number update or not.  I will fix this in
the Public Review Draft of the spec.

BTW, EE.5.20 / 21 talks about default Data Source & JMS Factory. But what about the producers which will allow us to
just go @Inject DataSource. We talked about it in the ML but I don't see anyting in the spec.

Default producers are on the RFE list.  We are still currently investigating this and tracking as an issue
http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVAEE_SPEC-14.

regards,

-Linda

Antonio

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel@... <mailto:linda.demichiel@oracle.com>> wrote:

    Greetings,

    I've just uploaded revised drafts of the Java EE Platform and Web
    Profile specifications to javaee-spec.java.net/downloads <http://javaee-spec.java.net/downloads>__.  These

    drafts include the following additions as well as the changes to
    reflect the Java EE 7 roadmap changes we announced earlier this month:
       Java EE security manager requirements and permission declaration syntax
       Password aliasing
       Requirements for the inclusion of support for WebSocket, JSON-P, and Batch
         in the full Platform; and for WebSocket and JSON-P in the Web Profile.

    The changebars show the changes since the Early Draft.  If there is any
    reason you think we should not submit these drafts to the JCP as an
    Early Draft 2, please let me know.

    thanks,

    -Linda

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site <http://www.antoniogoncalves.org> | Twitter <http://twitter.com/agoncal> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/agoncal> | Paris JUG <http://www.parisjug.org> | Devoxx France <http://www.devoxx.fr>

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterLinkedInParis JUG | Devoxx France

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Antonio Goncalves 11/05/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Werner Keil 11/05/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Linda DeMichiel 11/05/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Antonio Goncalves 11/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Antonio Goncalves 11/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Werner Keil 11/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Bill Shannon 11/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Antonio Goncalves 11/06/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: Updated specification drafts for EDR2

Linda DeMichiel 11/06/2012