Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

  • From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...>
  • To: jsr342-experts@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 13:57:11 -0800

CDI is supposed to be supported in the app client container.  If it's not working, please file bugs.

Antonio Goncalves wrote on 11/09/12 06:09:
Hum.... for me it's just another container (EJB, Servlet & Client) so I would expect the same services from CDI. ACC is not plain Java SE, it's a container that gives you a small set of services, and that includes CDI (as per Java EE specification).

Bill/Linda, if CDI is not supported in ACC why not getting rid of it in Figure EE.2-1 ? It's confusing.

Antonio

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir@...> wrote:
This also ties in to more general Java SE support for CDI IMO. I would probably prefer to get a general solution sorted, rather than a special case for ACC.

On 9 Nov 2012, at 14:56, Antonio Goncalves wrote:

> I like to use Producers and Alternatives so I can easily switch context. In the case of having CDI in ACC that would allow me to invoke different Web Serivces just by changing beans.xml
>

> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir@...> wrote:
> It's not in the cdi tck so I doubt it is in jboss as.
>
> Nigel's point about scopes is very relevant.
> On 9 Nov 2012 14:03, "Antonio Goncalves" <antonio.goncalves@...> wrote:
> I'm not an ACC expert, but I do use it once in a while. But to be honest, I don't know why it doesn't work. If you look at the EE spec (eg. EE 7 - Figure EE.2-1) you see that CDI & DI is in the ACC. But on the other hand, the CDI 1.0 spec (12.1. Bean archives) says "The container is not required to support application client jar bean archives." I tried several time with the appclient from GlassFish, and CDI just doesn't work (wonder if JBoss ACC allows CDI or not). The "is not required" part is frustrating.
>
> Antonio
>

> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir@...> wrote:
> I'm not an expert in the ACC, so would need a ACC expert who knows CDI to help us define the behavior. Interested Antonio?
>
> On 9 Nov 2012, at 12:41, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any discussion on this topic. In Java EE 6 CDI doesn't work in ACC. Wouldn't it be useful to add it in EE 7 ?
> >
> > A use case I'm working on at the moment is that I have a Java SE class (running in ACC) that injects a web service reference with @WebServiceRef. With CDI enabled I could produce this reference and just @Inject it.
> >
> > What do you think ?
> >
> > --
> > Antonio Goncalves
> > Software architect and Java Champion
> >
> > Web site | Twitter | LinkedIn | Paris JUG | Devoxx France
>

> --
> Antonio Goncalves
> Software architect and Java Champion
>
> Web site | Twitter | LinkedIn | Paris JUG | Devoxx France
>

> --
> Antonio Goncalves
> Software architect and Java Champion
>
> Web site | Twitter | LinkedIn | Paris JUG | Devoxx France

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site | TwitterLinkedInParis JUG | Devoxx France

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Werner Keil 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Pete Muir 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/09/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/10/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/11/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/12/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/13/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Bill Shannon 11/13/2012

[javaee-spec users] [jsr342-experts] Re: CDI in Application Client Container

Antonio Goncalves 11/21/2012