Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] Re: Java EE 7 schemas

  • From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] Re: Java EE 7 schemas
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 12:57:01 -0800

Collision of types hasn't been a problem so far so it seems easier to just leave them all in the same namespace, especially since they share a bunch of common types in the same namespace.

Instance documents can conform to any of the valid schemas/DTDs for the given document name; I don't see that the namespace for one of the schemas makes any difference to that.  You have to read the document enough to know which of the schemas/DTDs it should conform to before you can validate it.

Gunnar Morling wrote on 02/24/2013 12:01 PM:
Hi Bill,

I was wondering wether it has it been considered that each spec uses its own (sub-)namespace, e.g. "" or  ""?

That way instance documents could uniquely be associated with the corresponding schema and also potential collisions of types with the same name in the different schemas would be avoided.

> At long last we've set up a new hosting location for the Java EE
> schemas. These schemas were previously in the
> namespace.  New versions of these schemas will be in the
> namespace.

> In particular, you can find most of the latest Java EE 7 DRAFT

[javaee-spec users] Re: [jsr342-experts] Java EE 7 schemas

Gunnar Morling 02/24/2013

[javaee-spec users] Re: Java EE 7 schemas

Bill Shannon 02/24/2013
Please Confirm