Skip to main content

[javaee-spec users] Is JDBC not included in Web Profile

  • From: "John D. Ament" <john.d.ament@...>
  • To: users@...
  • Subject: [javaee-spec users] Is JDBC not included in Web Profile
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:44:45 -0400

Hi All,

I was reading through the full platform and Web Profile documents.  I noticed that JDBC was explicitly mentioned in the Platform Spec but was not present in the Web Profile spec.  Is this simply an oversight of the Web Profile spec or are applications that use JDBC directly not considered portable in Web Profile?  (I had assumed it would be included since it's a requirement to use JPA).

- John

[javaee-spec users] Is JDBC not included in Web Profile

John D. Ament 03/30/2013

[javaee-spec users] Re: Is JDBC not included in Web Profile

Jason Porter 03/30/2013