Skip to main content

[JSR-currency] Re: References

  • From: Jeff Prestes <jeffprestes@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-currency] Re: References
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:32:34 -0300

Hi,

but at Java EE environment, depends on situation, a complete API but slow could be more useful than a short and fast API. I guess we will need to put focus at one. Or you guys think we are capable to eliminate float bottlenecks to increase converting time processing?

Cheers,

-Jeff

2012/4/2 Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
While it's been out a while, Jean-Marie's Javolution ( http://javolution.org/ ) was intended exactly at High Performance Real Time Java applications. And that includes the JScience (Economicy/Money) layer on top of it.

Again, Jean-Marie could probably add more to this, but he tends to be busy these days.

Werner

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@...> wrote:
For both performance and overall goal reasons. Joda-Money is a mainstream/business/e-commerce type solution, not one designed for high performance risk analytics.
Stephen

On 2 April 2012 22:56, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
So for performance reasons it's currently not using JodaMoney?

Werner

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@...> wrote:
The OpenGamma code is an example of different requirements sometimes
being dealt with better by a different API.

OpenGamma needs high performance and don't care about absolute
accuracy in the monetary value - a double is the ideal type for the
data. This wouldn't really gel well with this JSR's goals. However, an
enhanced currency class would probably be useful to OpenGamma.

Stephen

On 2 April 2012 16:58, Werner Keil <werner.keil@...> wrote:
> This project is also on GitHub, it seems to have a whole lot of Currency
> stuff:
> https://github.com/OpenGamma/OG-Platform/tree/master/projects/OG-Financial/src/com/opengamma/financial/currency

[JSR-currency] Re: References

Ben Evans 04/01/2012