Skip to main content

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

  • From: Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...>
  • To: javamoney-list <jcurrency_mail@...>
  • Subject: [JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 06:58:35 +0100

I've just have committed my latest changes, based on the discussions here (some JavaDocs may missing in some locations):

2013/1/2 Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
Unless it is just a proposal from this thread, please also see Anatole's GitHub fork.

If all EG Members currently involved in this discussion agree to go for it, we'd use a Pull Request to merge those changes into the main repository.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 11:51 PM, Victor Grazi <vgrazi@...> wrote:
Anatole - Where are you seeing that method?

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...> wrote:
Also the method

divideEvenlyIntoParts

seems to target the same use case that Victor has described...

2013/1/1 Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
Anatole/all,

Please check out this guy's implementation on GitHub:

It is a simple Money class though it seems it contained Hibernate support earlier (which in other form e.g. JPA we may add for EE 8

As a matter of fact, the author is Danish, so I'll try to get in touch with him and see, if he'd like to contribute or at least follow the JSR.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...> wrote:

2013/1/1 Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
Btw, ICU4J has a money equivalent named CurrencyAmount
Although ICU may take a long time till it would consider using something like this JSR internally, allowing other APIs and frameworks like ICU4J to use the JSR is a compelling argument for leaving it as an interface.
Implementations, including RI classes (whether we call  it CurrencyAmount or something different let's see, the current class proposed is simply named Money, intended for java.util or a similar place in Java SE and/or ME/CLDC) could inherit from Number if required, but maybe we should leave that out of the core Spec.

Yes, I totally agree, leave it an interface. I just wanted to have a short discussion on that topic, ;-). For me the advantages of modelling it as an interface clearly have greater benefits than relating it with SE Number types on spec level. So, go for it!

Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
Gärnischweg 10
CH - 8620 Wetzikon

Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1
Twitter:  @atsticks

--

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member, Spec Lead | Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Java Godfather

Twitter @wernerkeil | @JSR354 | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
Gärnischweg 10
CH - 8620 Wetzikon

Switzerland, Europe Zurich, GMT+1
Twitter:  @atsticks
Google: atsticks
Phone   +41-44 334 40 87
Mobile  +41-76 344 62 79

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

(continued)

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Victor Grazi 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Sascha Freitag 01/03/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

KFSC 52 01/07/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

KFSC 52 01/07/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Werner Keil 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Anatole Tresch 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Werner Keil 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Anatole Tresch 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Victor Grazi 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Werner Keil 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Anatole Tresch 01/02/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Anatole Tresch 01/02/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Sascha Freitag 01/03/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

KFSC 52 01/07/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Werner Keil 01/07/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Sascha Freitag 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Werner Keil 01/01/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Sascha Freitag 01/03/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Ben Evans 01/03/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding

Werner Keil 01/03/2013

[JSR-currency] Re: Important use case regarding rounding