Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Versioning

  • From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Versioning
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:20:21 +0100

All,

Please note, following a common practice by all active JSRs out there at the moment (mostly those lead by Oracle) our EDR should have version number 1.0-b01
Whether or not we publish that EDR on java.net Maven Repo or Maven Central like all these JSRs do (it improves Transparency, even if the API may change, so did those over time) we can see, but we should stick to those version schemes even if we don't.

A 0.2.0 intermediate release is therefore the last one before that. If we get to EDR level faster, dates may be adjusted. Based on the promise for an EDR by the end of the quarter, I set the EDR date of 1.0-b01 as April 1st, the first work day of the new quarter, and Mondays are also often days when PMO adds new items for review or ballot.

Cheers,

--

Werner Keil | JCP Executive Committee Member | Eclipse UOMo Lead, Babel Language Champion | Java Godfather

Twitter @wernerkeil | @JSR354 | #Java_Social | #EclipseUOMo | #OpenDDR

Skype werner.keil | Google+ gplus.to/wernerkeil

* Social Media Week: February 18 2013, Hamburg, Germany. Werner Keil, JCP Executive Committee Member, Agorava Co-Founder will present "Enterprise Social using Open Source Frameworks like Agorava"

[JSR-354] Versioning

Werner Keil 02/02/2013

[JSR-354] Re: Versioning

Werner Keil 02/06/2013