Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Re: UPPERCASE vs. CamelCase

  • From: Sascha Freitag <dunschtig@...>
  • To: jcurrency_mail@...
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Re: UPPERCASE vs. CamelCase
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 21:31:09 +0100

the threeten guys got exactly the message to do so and had a discussion around it too see http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=CACzrW9B4oomydA9Lesiue_2%3DbTbcdYtUyiWeNn82zcXdv_Fc2Q%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=threeten-develop .
And as mentioned also in the other mail, it's along the current valid Coding Convention.
So let's just go for camel case in Class and Method names.

Cheers Sascha
On 03.02.2013 19:54, Werner Keil wrote:

Besides IMHO if you start messing with ISO to Iso, it gets the impression of Isotonic Drinks rather than the ISO standard;-)

Am 03.02.2013 19:51 schrieb "Werner Keil" <werner.keil@...>:

Looking at JDK, I can't find a single case where Sun/Oracle had treated "ISO" that way. It contains a class named LocaleISOData, thus I wouldn't cripple ISO as of now, we have more important tasks than renaming every acronym.
For API or SPI why not, assuming Anatole already started.

Werner

Am 03.02.2013 19:45 schrieb "Sascha Freitag" <dunschtig@...>:

--

Sascha Freitag v/o Dunschtig