Skip to main content

[JSR-354] Locale Extensions

  • From: Anatole Tresch <atsticks@...>
  • To: javamoney-list <jcurrency_mail@...>
  • Subject: [JSR-354] Locale Extensions
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:02:18 +0100

Dear All

I was playing around with Locale extensions on JDK 7/8. There was some strange behavior with toString() and extension input validation.
Summarizing I was able to create Locale instances that were not valid as defined in the specs (with duplicate singletons or tags).
More details are described in my blog entry here:

For our use cases according formatting/parsing the mechanism implemented by the JDK looks for me far too restrictive, to be able to replace, what we have defined as of now int the format package.

Regards,
Anatole

Java Lead Engineer, JSR Spec Lead
Glärnischweg 10